I have to admit I lost count on how many layers of resin and matt there are over these two thruhulls. Unlike the others, I did not seal them up from the outside with tape and just pour resin in, this time I built them up layer after layer of cut up mat and resin to fill in the depressions that were molded into the hull to fit the thruhulls.
I doubt they will be leaking any time soon. I still need to do a bit of sanding smooth before I place of layer of glass fabric over both of them and resin it into place. I need to fill in some where I ground away the gelcoat so I can put some strength back into the hull. Then I can sand the outer layer of resin smooth, fair in it, and paint some barrier coat on to seal it all up nice, neat, and waterproof.
then I get to do it again and again and again until I have found and filled all the pocks that water osmosis as formed on Flirt’s once pretty hull.