I am not one to let people take pictures of me.. and I am certainly not one to take a selfie (this is my very first one) but after seeing how disgusting I looked after sanding down a quarter of Flirt’s bottom to the gel coat, I just had to share.
It has been slow going, at this point I am fighting the trailer, an odd angle to get at Flirt’s bottom, and a shoulder that has been “injured” for years. After a few hours I finally threw in the towel after it gave me the first warning that I was going to be in a lot of pain for the next few days if I didn’t stop.
But the good news is, Flirt has a clean bottom for the port stern quarter. A few more feet further forwards and it will start to get easier. The bad news, I found more damage to her keel. Sometime in the future, I am going to have to jack her up off of the trailer to address it.