With the Temps this week way below freezing, work on Flirt has come to a halt. What work I have gotten done the past two weeks was all unseen as I was busy bonding in oak supports to my Sprite’s deck to hull seam. Not sexy work by any means, but needed to give my little boat some much needed strength.
As I cannot get out there to do anything this week (working 10am till 6pm every day does not help either) I did some shopping and came up with another much needed piece of bronze gear. Again, I have turned to Wilcox Crittenden and came up trumps with a Deck Pipe that should fit on Flirt’s point bow just right.
You can just see it here.. up all the way up towards the point of Flirt’s bow and slightly to the left is a filled in hole on the deck. This is where the old chrome piece of junk deck pipe went before I removed it and chucked it in the trash.
While the new Bronze replacement might not go in the exact same place, it should fit in nicely with the new bronze anchor roller being cast for Flirt, her bronze Herreshoff style foredeck cleat, and the toerail mounted rope chocks. I still need to find a bronze pulpit, I am sure that is something I will eventually find.