With all the moving, ever changing work schedules, the weather, and finally holidays with family, work on Flirt had gone from a crawl to completely standing still. The past two days saw some resurgence of effort as the weather was both warm enough (for me) to play with epoxy and it was not raining.
So I give to you.. more hull beneath the waterline done up in epoxy and carbonfibre. I had been trying to do it all in large sheets, but working on the complex curves that dominate Alberg Designed boats was near impossible unless I had a way to lay Flirt over on her side, or preferably, upside down.. then gravity would be on my side like it had been on her cabin. The trouble would start when I went to go to upright her, with almost 40% of her displacement in pure lead, it would take more than a couple of friends to lift my sprite back up to her preferred position.
What I have been forced to do is cut the C/F up into smaller and more manageable parts and piece them together against the hull. I would first apply epoxy to the raw ‘glass and then push the sheet of Carbonfibre against it to make it stick. It was then a matter of applying more epoxy over and through the weave to make it permanent as it hardens. I will have to do more fairing later, but it beats getting coated in epoxy and c/f now. I personally do not need to become some sort of high tech beetle.
The weather is due to get cold and damp again, so hopefully I can start work on her cabin once more. I got some nice woodworking “toys” for Christmas, so hopefully I can make a good job of it.