Flirt’s cockpit sole is still not permanently in place, but I took another big step forwards. Fighting cooler temperatures and gale force winds, I cut out the tiller aperture and made sure everything fit. I need to cut two openings for the deck ports next. I think the 6″ ones I bought are going to get returned for 4″.
Down below, I cut a hole into the bulkhead between the water bladder area and the small stowage compartment I inadvertently created. This will get fitted with a 4″ access plate (shown in place, but not secured) to allow for easier installation and removal of the Bladder when Flirt goes in or out of the water. When laid up for winter storage, I will keep it out to allow more airflow through the hull to keep the mold down.
Soon, I will need to clean up the sides of the cockpit so I can drop the cockpit sole into place permanently. The day is fast approaching!