I know it has been some time since I updated this blog, sadly it has been some time since I got any work on Flirt done. This is not to say I have been idly sitting on my hands, gutting and rebuilding a bathroom got in the way of some prime boat working weather.
Thanks to Port Townsend Foundry, I got my hands on replacement “dogs” for my Chris-craft hatch. What Cathy, Pete, and company made for me could almost be worn as jewelry.
The middle is the original bent chromed bronze dog. The outer two are fresh from the foundry. Hats off to Cathy, Pete, and company
Moving further along in my attempts to seal up Flirt from the weather, I cut two rings from marine grade ply and glued them together, These will make a solid mounting point for the Chris-Craft hatch on the foredeck. It will just be a matter of sanding and shaping the bottom to match the crown of the deck and I can screw, epoxy, and ‘glass it into place.
The inside line is the inner part of the ring, The middle line is the actual outside diameter of the hatch. The outer ring is where I will be cutting.
With two half inch rings of marine grade ply epoxied together, I should have enough to make sure the hatch is proud enough of the deck to keep most rain and spray away from the seal and still have enough meat to make the crown of the deck.
Hopefully soon I can fit it, epoxy it into place, and do the filling necessary to get a good fit as I try to fit a round ring over a square hole