I am trying to get a bit more each day, even if I do not post about it until I get to a decent point. That moment has been reached. All week I have been going out for an hour or so before heading off to work to get some progress done on Flirt. Slowly fitting her cedar boards to the edges of the ‘glass hull, then measuring out and cutting the supports that would lay across the open space of the Lazarette to support it’s deck and eventual hatch.
Today, I got them all fitted and epoxied into place. There will still be some sanding, grinding, and epoxying to go, but now what I am attempting to do becomes crystal clear. I also got the 16 x 16 inch hatch opening spot on!
That used to be a nicely painted and clean Lazarette…